Ten years old and heading for the Olympics!
Would you want to compete in the Olympics? Sky Brown is a skateboarding pro. She will be 12 next summer. She hopes to be the youngest Olympian ever…
Sky Brown is 10 years old. Next year she hopes to be the youngest ever person to compete in the Olympics.
“I feel like it doesn’t matter how old you are,” says Sky. That is good — because she will have to beat grown-ups to win!
Find out more
Sky is the world’s youngest professional skateboarder.
She will be 12 during the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, next summer. The record age is 13.
Sky wants “to show every girl that you can do everything.”
Skateboarding is one of four new Olympic sports. The others are karate, climbing and surfing.
Would you want to compete in the Olympics?
Yes! If you have talent, why wait until you are an adult? As Sky says: “You can just go for it even though you are little.”
No! Being a sports star takes a lot of hard work and training. It is better to enjoy being a normal kid. You have plenty of time.
- Do you want to be famous?
- Imagine you have five minutes to talk to Sky. Write down some questions you would ask her.
Some People Say...
“Be brave, be strong, have fun — and do it because you love it.”Sky Brown
What do you think?
- Take part in; try to win.
- A global sports contest. It is held in a different country every four years.
- Someone who is paid to do something.
- Someone who does tricks on a skateboard.
- A Japanese sport in which people fight using their arms, hands and feet.