Siblings matter more than parents, say experts
Are siblings more important than parents? Some scientists say that your friendship with your brothers and sisters teaches you how to act towards others and shapes you more than anything else.
Our parents are very important. They get us ready for school, make our dinner, and keep us safe.
Lots of us have brothers and sisters too. Some experts say that getting along with them is even more important.
Find out more
Your siblings are often your friends for your whole life. Some people copy their siblings. Others try to be different.
When we start school, older brothers and sisters can teach us how to talk to our friends and behave in class.
Scientists say your siblings’ lessons can determine what your personality is like as a grown up. Who do you think is more important?
Parents! They are the ones who look after us. Siblings are fun, but parents do more for us.
Brothers and sisters! If we get on with them, we are likely to be happy adults. They shape who we are.
- Do you learn more from your parents or your sisters and brothers?
- Draw a picture of your family. Label everyone in it. Family is not just your parents and sisters or brothers – it can also include your grandparents, pets and more!
Some People Say...
“Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.”Albert Einstein
What do you think?
- People who know a lot about one subject.
- Brothers and sisters.
- Many times, or in most cases.
- Not the same.
- A thing that you learn.
- The things that make you different from other people. For example, if you are loud or shy.