Seven-year-old could be ‘the next Usain Bolt’
What does it take to be the best? Rudolph Ingram has been called the “fastest kid in the world.” He is seven years old. He is hoping that one day he will beat Usain Bolt’s world record.
Rudolph Ingram has 300,000 followers on Instagram. He can run 100 metres in just 13.48 seconds. He is also seven-years-old.
He is nicknamed “Blaze”. He was called the “fastest kid in the world” after a video of his latest race went viral on social media.
Find out more
Blaze smashed the world record for his age group. “It feels great, anyways I trained for it,” he said.
One day he hopes to beat Usain Bolt’s world record of 9.58 seconds. He also wants to be an American football player.
“He’s very quick. His feet get up and down so fast,” his dad said. “If you’re coming out slow you’re in trouble.”
He began training after being inspired by the Olympics. Soon he realised that “he’s his only competition,” his dad said. “He’s racing against himself.” What does it take to be the best?
You need natural talent. Blaze is clearly an amazing runner. We are all good at different things. If you want to be the best at something, find out what you are good at and go from there.
Other things are more important. Blaze’s dad says that his “drive and work ethic” is what sets his son apart. Natural talent means nothing if you are not willing to work hard at it.
- What do you want to be the best at?
- Imagine you have been given the chance to interview Blaze. What questions would you ask him?
Some People Say...
“If you want to find the real competition, just look in the mirror.”Criss Jami
What do you think?
- People who get updates from a person on social media.
- “Going viral” is when a social media post becomes popular very quickly.
- World record
- The strongest performance in the world.
- American football
- A sport that is similar to rugby which is mostly played in America. It is not the same as UK football.
- A global sporting competition held every four years.
- A strong desire to achieve your goals.
- Work ethic
- The belief that working hard is good.