Critics divided over Sainsbury’s WW1 advert
Millions of people have watched Sainsbury’s Christmas advert about the 1914 Christmas truce during the First World War. But should a supermarket really be using a war to sell turkeys?
Find out more
- Should Sainsbury’s have used the First World War for its advert?
- Write a diary entry pretending you are a soldier in the 1914 truce.
- First World War
- A war which began in Europe and involved much of the world. It lasted for more than four years from 1914 to 1918 and millions of people were killed.
- An agreement between enemies to stop fighting for a short period of time.
- Western Front
- A long line of trenches that stretched across Europe and marked the boundaries of the two opposing sides.
- Remembrance Day
- A day to remember the contribution of British servicemen and women in the World Wars and later conflicts.