Billions to be spent in Black Friday spree
Do we care too much about presents? The busiest shopping day of the year is here. People are rushing to buy Christmas gifts. However, many believe that Christmas is about more than presents.
Black Friday is here! Every year, shops lower their prices for one day as people rush to buy their Christmas presents early.
Sometimes, people queue for hours before the shops open so they can get the best, cheapest gifts.
Find out more
Black Friday started in the USA. It is always held the day after Thanksgiving, which marks the start of the Christmas season.
Recently, the day has become popular in other countries like the UK.
A long time ago, the weeks before Christmas were not about presents at all. Advent was a time of quiet reflection to prepare for the birth of Jesus.
Do we care too much about presents?
Yes. We should focus on more important things. Holidays, like Christmas and Thanksgiving, are about spending time with the people you love.
No. Presents are the best! Buying gifts for your family and friends is a good way to show that you love and appreciate them.
- What is the best part of Christmas?
- Make a Christmas present for someone in your family that doesn’t cost any money.
Some People Say...
“It’s not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.”Mother Theresa (1910-1997)
What do you think?
- A holiday in the USA where people think about what they are grateful for.
- Liked by lots of people.
- The time during the four Sundays before Christmas Day.
- Quietly thinking about your life.
- When you understand how much something means to you.