The Weekly Quiz and Caption Competition
What is going on in this picture? Hold a caption competition in your class!
The questions for this week’s quiz are based on the five news articles published in this week’s edition.
1. Who joined 1,500 other artists to ask the government to support the music industry?
- Ed Sheeran
- Taylor Swift
- Justin Bieber
How many years has Glastonbury been running?
What was the name of the socially distanced Glastonbury event people watched from their houses?
How many people in the UK choose not to go on foreign holidays?
- Less than 10%
- More than 50%
- Less than 80%
What reopened in England on 4 July?
- Swimming pools
Which tourists have to wear a facemask in Italy?
- Anyone from outside Europe
- Anyone over six years old
- Anyone with a cough
Which artist made the famous Night and Day illusion print?
- Van Gogh
How do brain ‘stories’ help us in daily life?
- They make us sleep better
- They make us better at catching
- They help us relax
How much does the average brain weigh?
- 1.5 kilos
- 3 kilos
- 5.5 kilos
Who was Eunice Foote?
- She was one of the first female doctors
- She discovered the greenhouse effect
- She wrote novels under a false name
Which ancient civilisation used chocolate as a currency?
- The Egyptians
- The Romans
- The Aztecs
What new souvenir can Nasa fans buy?
- Perfume that smells of space
- Dehydrated food to try out at home
- A pair of Moon boots worn by Buzz Aldrin
Click here to see the answers ...
1a, 2b, 3b, 4b, 5a, 6b, 7c, 8b, 9a, 10b, 11c, 12a